martes, 7 de octubre de 2014

The daffodils

Yesterday, my teacher posted on her blog a post related with poems, it made me remember the last year.
Last year, when I was in the high school  one of my favourite subject was Universal Literature.
It was my favourite subject because I love literature and also because I learnt a lot of things.
I have good memories of those classes because the teacher knew how to create a good atmosphere and also because he is a excellent teacher and a good person.

He read many poems by different authors, but one in particular was special for us.
We were learning the romanticism, he taught us the characteristics and when we studied the English romanticism, he read us a poem of William Wordsworth.
William Wordsworth was a english poet ,who with Colleridge published the Lyrical Ballads. They were called the poets of the lakes because they lived in the Lake district.
The poem that the teacher read to us was called The Daffodils:

I wandered lonely as a cloud     
   That floats on high o’er vales and hills,
                                                                         
Daffodils in Cornwall
Daffodils in Cornwall
When all at once I saw a crowd,
   A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

Continuous as the stars that shine
   And twinkle on the Milky Way,
They stretched in never-ending line
   Along the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.

The waves beside them danced, but they
   Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:
A Poet could not but be gay,
   In such a jocund company:
I gazed—and gazed—but little thought
What wealth the show to me had brought:

For oft, when on my couch I lie
   In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
   Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils                        


At the end of the course, when we were tired and nervous because the PAU exam was near, he read the daffodils over and over,  and he said that we always be his daffodils and this helped us to calm.


1 comentario:

  1. Very nice story, Corpus. I am happy that you know how to enjoy a good poem.

    ResponderEliminar